Product Spotlight: Rossi Pasta
In 1983, John Rossi of Marietta, OH had a single hand-crank pasta machine and a vision. He wanted to create Italian-style pasta that everyone could enjoy.
Three decades later those small batches are produced and still hung by hand, and John’s original vision became Rossi Pasta.
What sets the business apart is their commitment to an all-natural product. Without sacrificing a fresh homemade taste, Rossi Pasta contains no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
The four basic ingredients are:
- Unbleached red spring wheat flour
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Natural spring water
A complete ingredient list for all of their flavors is available upon request.
This includes over 50 unique flavors, of which 20 are made available on a rotational basis. No chance for boredom here!
Gourmet cooking often means an investment of time and specialized skill that many people don’t have. Conversely, gourmet casual suggests quick and simple.
It specifically refers to the special flour they use, which allows the different types of pasta to cook in approximately 2 to 5 minutes. It’s also less refined than the regular baking variety and contains more heart-healthy nutrients than other commercially produced pasta.
The company recently created three new gluten-free Radiatore pastas. Radiatore refers to the distinct shape and cooks in just a few minutes, unlike other brands.
Typical grocery store gluten-free offerings don’t have the taste and texture of traditional pasta. However, Rossi’s are flavorful with a hearty texture.
Pasta is just one element of the Mediterranean diet, which is credited for the lower incidence rates of heart disease, cancer, and other chronic diseases in such countries as Italy and Greece.
For consumers seeking healthy food, it’s a sensible and tasty choice.
The four reasons that Rossi Pasta will please chefs & diners alike:
- Tenderness – The unbleached red spring wheat flour mentioned above gives it a softer, homemade taste. Other brands use semolina or durum flour which produces a chewier texture when cooked.
- Flavor – The unbleached red spring wheat flour also “carries” the flavor better than the semolina-based pasta. Thus, Rossi Pasta maintains their distinct flavor profiles from package to plate.
- Color – The fresh, all-natural ingredients and spices give the flavored pasta their beautiful color, which enhances the presentation of the dish.
- Ease of preparation – Typically, semolina or durum-based linguine and fettuccine take 8-10 minutes to cook. Rossi Pastas take only 2-5 minutes.
Rossi’s have the distinct honor of manufacturing signature pastas for Williams-Sonoma, Fresh Fields, Harry & David, and the Ritz Carlton Resorts.
They’ve been featured in renowned publications such as Gourmet, Bon Appétit, Food & Wine, and The Washington Post.
“Gourmet Casual” cooking is an easy alternative in any kitchen. Make your next Italian-night extra special with Rossi Pasta. We carry the following flavors:
- Spinach Basil Garlic Fettuccine
- Angel Hair
- Parsley Garlic Fettuccine
- Tomato Basil Garlic Fettuccine
- Vino Rossi Linguine
- Wild Mushroom Linguine
- Italian Spice Linguine
- Veggie Pepper Fettuccine
- Black Olive Linguine
- Southwestern Chipotle Fettuccine
- Pumpkin Spice Fettuccine
- Roasted Red Bell Pepper Fettuccine
- Garlic Fettuccine
- Artichoke and Roasted Garlic Angel Hair